Cancer kills 550,000 people a year in the USA, making it still the worst health problem we are facing (worse than smoking which kills 400,000 a year).
According to the American Cancer Society, cancer is only 15 percent genetic and 85 percent lifestyle
or environmentally influenced.
Cancer causes more deaths per year in the USA, than smoking (but smoking is a
factor for several cancers).
The good news NIH study -
regular cardio exercise greatly reduces the risk of cancer!
- Some factors which likely raise the risk for cancer
- Some factors which might raise the cancer risk (some evidence)
- Transfat (that's the fat in fast food and donuts which makes them taste
- Over indulgence of MSG
- Over exercising like running marathons (causes free radicals which
- Over indulging in sun bathing or tanning beds (can cause skin cancer)
- Some lifestyle factors which might LOWER the cancer risk
- Some factors for which there isn't a lot of evidence that they raise the
- Cell phones
- Electromagnetic fields
- Radiation and Chemotherapy
- Some things YOU can do to
prevent or retard cancer growth
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer